On-Site Chair Massage for the Workplace
On-site chair massage is a simple, cost-effective way to:
- Relieve stress
- Improve employee morale
- Increase produtivity
- Lower health care costs
- Show staff you care
What is Chair Massage?
On-site chair massage is a short massage which:
- Comes to your workplace
- Lasts from 10 to 30 minutes, uses no oil, and takes place with the employee folly clothed.
- Usually covers the head, neck, shoulders, back, arms and hands and can be adapted to special needs.
- Leaves employees feeling relaxed, refreshed and ready to return to work.
I use a portable massage chair, designed for comfort and support. It can be set up and dismantled quickly in almost any location.
Chair Massage Excels as a Wellness Program
- It's convenient. no need to change clothes, shower, or leave work to participate.
- Results are immediate. Most wellness programs take months to show results.
- It's easy and safe. No special fitness level or training is required to receive a massage.
- Effects are cumulative. Consistent use reinforces the benefits.
- People enjoy it. You avoid two common problems: spending more selling a program than on the program itself, and having it used most by employees who need it the least.
- It encourages other steps to wellness. Regular massage helps people feel better and can motivate them to take care of themselves with diet, exercise or other lifestyle changes.
Chair Massage is a Versatile Benefit
Once on-site massage is in place, you may find it is also a great way to recognize birthdays or service anniversaries, provide incentive awards for good attendance or an accident-free period, or give a bonus for achieving company and individual goals or completing projects.
These uses are also an ideal way to try on-site massage without an ongoing commitment.
Today stress is a fact of life, and the workplace is no exception. Deadlines, rapidly changing technology, and unavoidable interpersonal conflicts are just a few of the stresses workers cope with daily.
The effects of stress are cumulative and, without time to relax and recharge, can lead to:
- Headaches, backaches, eyestrain, neck pain.
- Repetitive use injuries such as tendinitis or carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Listlessness, poor concentration, anxiety, depression,irritability, or anger.
- Lowered resistance to colds and infections, high blood pressure and heart disease.
- Physical and emotional exhaustion, also known as "burn-out."
Stress Costs You Money
Stress on or off the job costs U.S. workplaces an estimated $200 billion a year in reduced productivity, accidents, compensation claims, absenteeism, employee turnover, health insurance and medical expenses. This is more than the after-tax profits of all the Fortune 500 companies, and 10 times the cost of all strikes combined. recent studies show:
- Up to 90% of all visits to primary care physicians are for stress-related complaints.
- Up to 80% of industrial accidents are due to stress.
- Over 50% of lost work days are stress-related.
- 14% of workers say stress caused them to quit or change jobs in the previous two years.
- Workers' compensation awards for job stress threaten to bankrupt the system in some states.
On-site Chair Massage Can Help!
For over a decade, with on-site massage I have been effectively relieving stress in the workplace for everyone from CEOs to hourly workers. It works because massage:
- Reduces muscle tension and the pain it causes.
- Calms the nervous system and increases circulation, which boosts energy and alertness.
- Helps employees identify and release tension on their own before it becomes a problem.
- Provides a complete change of pace so the body and mind can relax and rejuvenate.
Chair Massage is Easy to Set Up and Run
- Assign a contact person. He or she will help me set a schedule and sign people up.
- Provide space. A conference room, break room, or a quiet corner is fine.
- Encourage employees to use it. Make sure they know you support the program. Use it yourself and encourage your managers to do the same.
Read what a few of my clients have to say about their experience with On-Site Chair Massage at their place of business.
"We have been enjoying the benefit of Sandy's chair masage for several years, so much so that we offer the massage once a month. It's well- deserved therapy to our hard working staff, and a "pat" on the back for the effort that is put forth by all. We recommend chair massage as an additional Company benefit it's something we all look forward to, Sandy is a very professional and excellent masseuse, we highly recommend her services."
The Staff at L. Robert Kimball & Associates
State College, PA
Client since 2004
"I am the Human Resources Director for Penn State Federal Credit Union. Some of my primary concern are being able to recruit qualified staff, our benefit package and the well being of the staff. One of the things that we use to help in all of these areas is therapeutic massage. Sandy has been coming to the Credit Union providing, any staff who wish to have, a 10 minute chair massage. All of my staff look forward to the day that Sandy is coming. It not only helps improve morale but it also helps with our customer service; happy staff provide better service. I also have integrated Sandy's services into a wellness program at the Credit union. Stress is a reality in this day and age and massage helps relieve that stress. Another benefit is that having Sandy come in sets us apart when talking to potential staff members in the interview process. All interviewees are very impressed that we care enough about the staff to provide this unique benefit. By the way, it isn't costly at all; in fact, it is the least costly benefit we provide. I highly recommend using Sandy's services as a benefit for your staff. She is extremely professional and your staff will thank you."
Human Resources Director for Penn State Federal Credit Union
Client Since 1996