What is Massage?
Massage is a process of tissue manipulation which, combined with deep breathing and peaceful surroundings, can result in deep relaxation and improved health. Pressure is applied to muscle areas with various techniques. The amount or depth of pressure is adjusted, depending on the client's needs and comfort.
Massage is intended to be a pleasurable, relaxing experience and feedback from the client is vital to achieve the desired results.
Massage Benefits Include:
- Deep relaxation and stress reduction
- Relieves muscle tension and stiffness
- Greater flexibility and agility
- Increases flow of nutrients to muscles, improves circulation, and assists in efficient waste removal
- Strengthens immune system
- Lowers blood pressure
- Improves sleep, relieves fatigue
- Relieves tension related symptoms
- Enhances alertness and creativity, and improves capacity for calm thinking
- Develops ability to self-monitor stress
- Satisfies fundamental need for touch
- Increases awareness of mind and body and creates a sense of harmony
- Lowers anxiety and improves self-esteem